Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Home...

I have to admit to you how strange it is to actually be looking out my window in South Pasadena. I tried to drive a car today and it was weird. I tried to talk to a few friends, even more weird. Not having pork for every meal will also be weird.

Personally, I'm having a hard time readjusting to life here in Southern California and it hasn't even been 24 hours. I was supposed to go to work today but I wasn't really able to because all I could think about was camp and the kids and what God did there. It was such an intense two weeks, especially for the media team as we were working hard to get ready for Klub and to make all of our deadlines for videos. Simultaneously, we got to experience the campers and what it is they were going through as well.

With such demands put on all of us on the American team to be "ON' at all times, it was difficult to have time to process and to reflect on what exactly we were going through. For me, it hit me as soon as I was alone with my boyfriend. All I could do was cry. Cry for all the intense emotions I felt. Cry for joy at the steps the kids took toward Jesus. Cry that I finally got to live my dream out and be on a mission trip. Cry for the fact that I was able to bring the cameras and equipment back in one piece. Cry that my time with 17 people I used to see at church who are now more like family is over.

While one portion of the journey for me complete, another is just beginning. After processing these feelings, I have to get down to business and find an editor to start editing all of the footage I have for the documentary. Al and Stacy Anderson, our friends and kingdom leaders in the Czech Republic, will be coming to visit California in September. I hope to have something done for them by then. It will likely be a rough cut. In the meantime, keep checking the blog to see the videos we worked on and some little blooper reels I'll be putting together. Thanks for reading!

Melissa Mills
July 13, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment